I’m loving our fabulous tree in Blue, Rose Gold, and Copper this year. I changed color schemes for our formal tree this year and I love how it turned out.
Welcome To Our Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop!
If you’re looking for tree ideas or if you’re like me and just love seeing how others decorate their trees, you are in for a treat! We are sharing 40 absolutely beautiful Christmas Trees from some of your favorite home decor bloggers.
It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop, organized by Michelle from Our Crafty Mom, where you will find Holiday inspiration for just about every home decor style. I enjoyed being a part of this last year and big thanks goes out to Michelle for putting it all together again this year.
The fun starts on Friday, November 29th and continues through Saturday, November 30th.
We hope you will visit the talented bloggers linked below. This blog hop is something we look forward to every year and we hope you do too. You’re sure to find some beautiful Christmas Tree decor inspiration! Links to all of the gorgeous trees can be found at the end of the post.
Across the Blvd uses affiliate links (including Amazon). If you make a purchase, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting our blog! Please see our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Let me tell you about our formal tree!
I read earlier this year that blue was going to be one of the trends for Christmas trees this year. When I read that, I thought, Great! I had already been planning on changing out our formal tree’s traditional burgundy and gold for a new look, including blue, rose gold, and copper. While I often see blue paired with silver, I wanted the tree to go with the decor in our parlor, and silver would clash.
I’ll save the silver ornaments for our festive family tree that we gather around on Christmas morning. I shared that one last year for the Christmas Tree Blog Hop.
In the room that we affectionately call our parlor – it is Charleston, y’all – we always have a tree that is seen as soon as our guests enter our home. Since this room also faces our street, it’s the one that can be seen by neighbors. Outdoors, I use only white lights, so for consistency, that’s what I use for this tree, too.
As I mentioned, the tree is usually decorated with burgundy and gold. That went well with the burgundy curtains.
Over the summer I changed the curtains in the room from the burgundy ones, to Natural Linen ones. (affiliate). I love them! The room needed a change and these curtains brighten it up and give it a new look. Once I changed out the curtains, I knew I would be changing the tree decor, too.
I found inexpensive blue ornaments at Walmart and they go well with the blue chair in the room. The copper ones were found at Michaels on sale and with a coupon on top of the sale. Win! The floral sprigs were on sale at JoAnn Fabric and Craft. My only splurge for the tree was a set of lovely drop rose gold ornaments from Amazon. (affiliate)
I also made a few rose gold DIY Ornaments for the tree. They were super easy to make using decorative tape and ribbon.
-A Tale of Frustration with a Happy Ending –
After I had all of the ornaments that I would be using, we started to put the tree up last Saturday. I’ve had the tree for several years, and it was showing its age. Needles were shedding all over the place and it was a pre-lit tree and when we plugged it in, it was a sad looking tree with maybe 50 lights working. I really had not planned on purchasing a new tree, but the old one was just showing its age too much.
Off to Target we went in search of a tree that I saw advertised on line with 12 in stock at the closet Target to me. That’s when the fun began! The tree I wanted was on display, but not on the floor. I asked a clerk if they had them. He said they did not. He checked and said that another Target about 12 miles away had them in stock. Great! Even though it was a rainy, chilly evening, we went to the second store. But again it was on display, but not in stock! The kicker was that they said they had them “on hand”, but they weren’t available for purchase because they weren’t in stock. Huh?
The customer service clerk suggested I place the order using the app. That way someone would have to go and find it from the “on hand, but not in stock” stash. Needless to say we were frustrated! Ten minutes after placing the order I got an email saying it could not be picked up at the store I had selected, but I could change the store to another one. It suggested I change it to the first store that we had gone to. What? That seemed crazy, but I did it. I waited, assuming I would soon be getting another email saying they could not fulfill the order. But, no! Within an hour, I got “a your order is ready for pickup” email. So, back to the store where we started and we came home with the tree I wanted!
I really love the look of this tree and the price, too. The cashmere tips are what sold me. They are full and they give the tree different shades of green. I decided not to buy another pre-lit tree and this one was just the right size for the room.
All of the new ornaments combined with some blue and rose gold that I already had filled the tree nicely. Since it’s not pre-lit, I added 7 strands of 100 lights each.
I found copper and blue reindeer while shopping at At Home recently. I love the sparkle they have.
I have to admit that I wasn’t completely sure how the color combination I chose was going to look. I mentioned to someone that it was either going to look beautiful or it would be a hot mess. Once I had it all decorated, I think I avoided the hot mess! I wasn’t sure about calling this a Fabulous Tree in Blue Rose Gold and Copper, but the more I look at it, more I see its fabulousness! I love the blue combined with the copper and rose gold.
I’m still looking for a topper that I love for it. For now, I have two rose gold poinsettias on top. After the ordeal of getting the tree, I was very happy that it turned out just the way I hoped it would.
The piano in the parlor is decorated to go along with the tree using the same colors. I love the glow in the room at night.
The third annual Christmas Tree Blog Hop is here! This year, I'm sharing a Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold, and Copper. Visit us to see this + lots of other tree ideas! Click To Tweet
Pin Me, Please!
Blue, Copper, & Rose Gold Formal Christmas Tree
Let’s Meet The Hosts!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- A Yarn Lover’s Christmas Tree from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.
I love the various themes, color schemes, and unique designs of all of these trees! I think you will, too!