These easy projects are great for Valentine’s Day decor, but they would be fun to have for any party table. A little paint goes a long way in getting the look you want!
When I decided to use pink and gray for our Valentine’s Day decor this year, I knew it was going to involve some paint. I didn’t have any gray Valentine’s Day items and I didn’t want to purchase many new ones. That’s when I checked my craft stash and my Valentine’s Day decor bin for items that could be changed up for new looks.
I started by giving a makeover to a wood heart that I decorated last year with lots of embellishments
This year, it got a pink and gray makeover.
I found some small wood blocks in my craft stash and they became part of my Valentine’s Day Tablescape.
Valentine’s Day Crate Candle Holder
It didn’t take long to create some new decor pieces for our Valentine’s Day Tablescape using items in my craft stash. I started with a small wood crate that I bought at Goodwill .
Supplies Used for Crate Candle Holder
- Wood Crate
- Vase Filler Stones
- Hot Glue
Steps for making a wood crate candle holder
- Paint the crate using Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in Castle
- Cut a piece of pink felt to line the bottom of the crate
- Add decorative ribbon and thread along the outside of the crate
- Add two pillar candles to the crate
- Add clear and white vase filler gems to the crate
Valentine’s Day DIY Coasters
To create coasters to make the pink and gray tablescape, I started with some cardboard coasters that had also been purchased at Goodwill.
Supplies Use for Valentine’s Coasters
- Cardboard Coasters
- Vinyl Adhesive
- Jeweled Ribbon
- Hot Glue
Steps for making Valentine’s Day Coasters
- Cut pink felt circles to size and glue to one side of coaster
- Cut adhesive vinyl to size and attach to the other side of the coaster
- Glue a small strip of jeweled ribbon along the rim of the coaster.
- Add a decorative sticker to the center of the coaster.
Valentine’s Day Place Setting Cards
I don’t always use place setting cards for Valentine’s Day, but when I spotted these cardboard tags in my stash, I thought they would make cute additions to the table.
Steps for making place setting cards for Valentine’s Day
- Trace the outline of the tag onto gray felt
- Glue the felt to the cardboard tag
- Add two pieces of pink thread along the length of the tag and glut in place on the back
- Glue a pink heart to the tag
- Use vinyl sticker letters for the initials
Valentine’s Day Heart Clips
My only purchase was a package of heart clips I bought at Walmart. The red wasn’t working for the look I wanted, so they got a simple makeover with paint.
Steps for heart clips
- Paint the front of the heart with gray chalk paint
- Add a foam heart sticker to the center
All of these elements combined add a fun, new look to our Valentine’s Table decor for this year. Other items, like the metal love piece and the metal candle trays, were gold. A quick coat of gray paint has them fitting in perfectly.
Valentine’s Day Tablescape4 Easy DIY Valentine's Day crafts for a pretty tablescape in pink and gray. #ValentinesDay #EasyCrafts #ChalkPaint #UseWhatYouHave Click To Tweet
Pin Me, Please!
Easy DIY Projects for Valentine’s Day
We share at these great parties!
Beverly shares easy, inexpensive craft tutorials, diy projects for the home, coastal decor projects, & thrift store find makeover projects all designed to help you create a beautiful home on a budget.