Having a Christmas Countdown is a fun way to mark off the days until Santa arrives! I wanted something different for this year’s countdown. Making a Christmas Countdown Ornament is a unique idea for counting down the days!
Welcome to Day 3 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe! Complete the email sign up at the end of the post to receive our posts and newsletters.
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
On the first day we shared a DIY Horse Head Christmas Wreath.
On the second day we shared a DIY Recipe Card Holder Hostess Gift.
It’s Day 3 and we are sharing DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar Ideas!
Supplies Used for Christmas Countdown Ornament
- 4″ embroidery hoop
- White cloth with sparkles
- Silver Ribbon
- Greenery Sprig
- Red Holly Berries from floral stem
- Craft Clothespin with snowflake garland -cut garland
- White card stock with raised dots
- Silver Marker
- White Rickrack
- Hot Glue
Steps for making a Christmas Countdown Ornament:
- Cut a piece of fabric to fit a 4″ embroidery hoop allowing for excess
- Add poly-fil inside the hoop
- Add hot glue to the hoop and use a skewer to press the excess fabric into the glue
- Trim off any excess fabric
Tighten the embroidery hoop pin and make sure that the fabric is taut.
Glue a flat craft wood ornament to the back of the hoop.
Trim the outside ring with ribbon by adding small dots of hot glue.
Embellish the Ornament:
- Add a sprig of greenery and floral berries near the top of the hoop.
- Add a second one to the back. Secure with hot glue.
- Add a craft clothespin to the top center with glue.
- Add a loop of rickrack to the back for a hanging loop. Glue in place.
To create the countdown:
- Cut circles using a circle punch from card stock with raised dots
- Cut the corner of an envelope as shown below to form a pouch
- Add self adhesive numbers for the year
- Glue the pouch as shown to the back of the ornament so that it will hold the circles
Use a silver marker to write the numbers 1-25 on the circles. Add a self adhesive silver star to the pouch.
The numbered circles can be stored in the pouch and each day changed out as the countdown begins.
The snowflake craft clothespin holds the current day’s number.
Last year, I gave a makeover to a thrift store find and used it as our Christmas Countdown Calendar. I wanted to create something different this year and this Christmas Countdown Ornament was a fun way to do that.Make a Christmas Ornament Countdown as a fun way to mark the days until Christmas! #christmas #ornament #countdowntochristmas #12daysofchristmasideas2018 Click To Tweet
Pin Me, Please!
Christmas Countdown Ornament
We share at these great parties!
Scroll down for many more DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar Ideas for your holiday season!
Beverly shares easy, inexpensive craft tutorials, diy projects for the home, coastal decor projects, & thrift store find makeover projects all designed to help you create a beautiful home on a budget.