This is an old recipe that has been around for ever. There are quite a few variations of it, but I’m sharing my favorite and one I’ve been making for decades! My family looks at me kind of strangely when I eat this with a meal, but it goes great with a holiday turkey or ham to me. It is really sweet, so serving it as a dessert works, too.
- 21 ounce can Cherry Pie Filling
- 8 ounce can Crushed Pineapple-Drained
- 14 ounce can of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 8-10 ounces Mini Marshmallows (comes in 16 oz bag)
- 16 ounce tub of Cool Whip
- Combine pie filling and condensed milk in large bowl and stir together
- Drain pineapple and add to mixture
- Add marshmallows
- Stir until well blended
- Fold in the Cool Whip and stir until it’s fully incorporated into mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve
As it chills, the marshmallows will get soft, absorbing the liquids and this is what makes it just melt in your mouth. It’s ready to serve after about an hour or so, but it’s even better if left in refrigerator overnight.
Beverly shares easy, inexpensive craft tutorials, diy projects for the home, coastal decor projects, & thrift store find makeover projects all designed to help you create a beautiful home on a budget.