- Book Pages
- Heart Template
- Hot Glue
- Tear pages out of an old book.
- Cut out 4×4 squares from the pages.
- Cut a heart shape for a template or use a cookie cutter-anything you can use to trace a heart.
- You’ll need enough hearts to make it as thick as you would like it to be. I used 24.
- Fold each heart in half.
- Place two hearts side by side and then run a small glue line along the folded edge of one of them. Very slightly overlap the second heart onto the first one and hold in place.
- Do this for a second two heart set.
- Flatten one of the heart sets and glue the two sets together by running a glue line along the center of the flat one.
- Flatten the hearts and glue ribbon to one side. Make a loop and glue it to the other side.
- Glue two folded hearts, side by side to the base. Flip over and do the same for the other side. Doing alternating sides will keep it balanced and it will give you a good idea of how it’s looking along the way. This is one of the things I learned while doing my trial and error method.
I made two of these using four inch squares and then one larger one using a six inch square.
Beverly shares easy, inexpensive craft tutorials, diy projects for the home, coastal decor projects, & thrift store find makeover projects all designed to help you create a beautiful home on a budget.