I love the look of canvas wall art, but sometimes I don’t love the price. After spotting several while out shopping a few days ago, I decided to try my hand at making printables on burlap for a few of them that I really liked.
Using PicMonkey is the best method I’ve found for making printables. Lots of trial and error goes in to learning how to use the program, but once I practiced with a few ideas, I got the hang of it.
You can download and print it from here: Autumn Words Printable .
1) Begin by creating a blank jpg. I did this using Paint. Open Paint and click save as. Save the blank jpg to your computer.
2) On PicMonkey, click on the edit button at the top of the page. When prompted, upload your blank jpg.
3) Click on crop from the sidebar menu. I cropped it mine to 500 X 750.
4) Using the menu items, begin adding text, changing colors, fonts. This is the part that takes practice. Getting the position of each word the way you want it can be tricky, but with practice, it gets easier. It’s very simple to just delete an item you’re working on and start over without losing the rest of what you’ve already done.
5) PicMonkey offers lots of features in the basic (FREE) program, but it appears that upgrading for a fee would give tons more. So far, I haven’t taken that plunge, but it is tempting!
6) Once you’re happy with your creation, click save, rename it and you’re done.